Friday, March 19, 2010

Ok, this was just too weird so I had to share. I watched Up in the Air last night (Which, I thought was a different, pretty funny movie, if anyone is interested. It was also kind of depressing though, which is an odd combo lol.) That's not the point of this post though, the weird thing that happened was the opening song to the movie I immediately liked. It was a jazzy lady, whose voice I thought was just beautiful. I have always had a weak spot for jazzy, soulful ladies. I really have no idea where I get it from. Anyway, I thought, I'm gunna google (Which, on another completely random tangent, did you know that "google" is officially in the dictionary now? . Google has apparently tried to keep it from becoming a mainstream term, because if it loses its trademark status, then other companies may be free to use the term. I say "googling" ALL the time...)

Ok, I will get back to the original point of this post- weird happening, heard song on Up in the Air, knew I wanted to look it up and get it. Well, another source I use for new music is artists that Oprah features in her magazine. One of the artists she featured this month, and the first one I "googled" was Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Well, waddaya know that was also the artist of the song I heard last night on Up in the Air. Strange coincidence and great song = blog post :)

This is the song. And Sharon Jones also seems like a rather special lady. She apparently tried to begin her career at a younger age, and no one wanted her (which I find unbelievable).







No comments:

Post a Comment